You must complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) if you would like your child to be considered under any of the Faith criteria. The SIF is available from the school and must be returned to the school by 15 January 2021.
Children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) naming the school will first be admitted according to the regulations and the policy of the local authority.
Places will be allocated according to the following order of priority:
- Baptised Catholic looked after and previously looked after children
- Looked after and previously looked after children other than Baptised Catholic looked after children
- Baptised practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate and priest’s reference form
- Baptised practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate and priest’s reference form
- Baptised non-practising Catholic siblings of children whose siblings will be in attendance at the school at the date of admission of the younger child, as verified by the baptismal certificate
- Baptised non-practising Catholic children, as verified by the baptismal certificate
- Siblings of other children whose siblings will be in attendance at the date of admission
- Children of other Christian denominations, as supported by a reference from their minister of religion
- Children of other Faiths, as supported by a reference from their minister of religion
- All other children
In the event that any criterion is over-subscribed, priority will be given to applicants in order of geographical proximity to the school (priority being given to the children who live closer to the school). The governing body will use Northamptonshire County Council’s geographical information system to determine the distance between the applicant’s address and the main school entrance. Distance measurements are carried out using a straight line basis.
If two or more applications cannot otherwise be separated and there is only one place available, a random allocation process will be used to determine who should be allocated the place.
Applicants wishing to be considered under the school’s faith criteria must also complete a SIF and a reference form from their parish priest or religious leader and return them to the school by 15 January 2021 at 5pm. The forms are available at the school. If applying under faith criteria, a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate will be required. In the case of Christian and other faith applicants, where baptism has not taken place, a reference from a minister of religion will be required including details of religious practice and place of worship.
Catholic - this refers to children baptised in accordance with the rites of the Catholic Church.
Practising - this means weekly attendance at Sunday Mass.
Sibling - refers to brother or sister, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent or carer’s partner, children in foster care, and in every case, the child should be living in the same family unit at the same address.
Applicant’s address - the applicants address is defined as the address registered with the child’s General Practitioner.
Christian - defined as a member of one of the churches in full membership with Churches Together in Britain and Ireland at the time when admission decisions are made. Proof of church membership must be provided by the appropriate church leader.
Parent(s) - the biological parent(s), or the person(s) with legal responsibility for the child for whom the application is being made.