Montsaye Academy, Greening Road, Rothwell, Kettering, Northants NN14 6BB
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children.
- Children who live in the linked area. The linked area being:
Children with a sibling link continuing at Montsaye Academy at the time of admission of the younger child (see below for definition of sibling link).Other children.
- Ashley, Barford, Brampton Ash, Braybrooke, Desborough, Dingley, Draughton, Faxton, Glendon, Hanging Houghton, Harrington, Lamport, Loddington, Maidwell, Mawsley, Orton, Pipewell, Rothwell, Rushton, Stoke Albany, Sutton Bassett, Thorpe Malsor, Thorpe Underwood, Weston-By-Welland, Wilbarston.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 2, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Measurements are carried out in a straight line basis from the child’s home address to the address point of the school using the NCC’s GIS System.
Definition of sibling link
A sibling link will arise where one of the conditions below is satisfied:
- a brother or sister living at the same address, who shares the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share one common parent
- a step brother or step sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted or fostered children living in the same household
Additional sibling link information
Although the definition of 'sibling' does not specify whether the sibling should be younger or older, it should be noted that the sibling link will only be valid where the older sibling is on roll at the academy at the time of application and is expected to be still on roll at the time of admission.