Finedon Road, Irthlingborough, Wellingborough, Northants NN9 5TY
Oversubscription admission criteria
Places will first be allocated to children who have an Education, Health Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as offering the appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care in England
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care outside of England
- Children who live in the designated area and who will have an older sibling continuing at the school in September 2021.
- Children who live within the designated area.
- Children who live outside the designated area and who will have an older sibling continuing at the school in September 2021.
- Children who live outside the designated area.
Allocation to PAN
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 3 or 4, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured on a straight line basis from the address point of the child’s home address to the address point of the school using NCC’s Geographical Information System.
If two or more applications cannot otherwise be separated and there is only one place available, a random allocation process will be used to determine who should be allocated the place.
A sibling is defined as a child’s brother or sister. A sibling must be living at the same permanent address and as part of the same family unit (one or two parents plus children) to qualify under this criterion. For School Admissions purposes, the term sibling includes:
- half-brothers and half-sisters
- step-brothers and step-sisters
- adopted children
- children in foster care
- children living in the same family unit, even if they are not biological brothers and sisters – for example when the parents are not married/in a civil relationship.
Cousins are not regarded as siblings.
Designated area (also known as linked or defined area/village):
The designated area for the school is:
Irthlingborough, Finedon, Great Addington, Little Addington and Woodford
Home address (child’s):
The child’s home address is defined as the address at which the child normally resides with their parent or carer at the time of application. If a child lives with parents who are separated, the home address will be treated as the place where the child sleeps for most of the school week (i.e. Sunday night – Thursday night inclusive). If the child spends equal amounts of time at two addresses, the parents must agree which address they wish to be the child’s main address before we can process the application.
Documentary evidence of ownership or rental agreement may be required together with proof of actual permanent residence at the property concerned.