Irchester Road, Wollaston, Northants NN29 7PH
Oversubscription admission criteria
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school as appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care;
- Children who live in the defined area for Wollaston School: Bozeat, Brafield-on-the-Green, Castle Ashby, Chadstone, Cogenhoe, Denton, Easton Maudit, Great Houghton, Grendon, Irchester, Little Houghton, Strixton, Wollaston, Yardley Hastings, Whiston;
- Children who will have a brother or sister continuing at Wollaston School at the time of admission of the child.
- Children attending Wollaston School’s designated contributory Primary Schools and continuing in attendance until the formal offer of places is made: Bozeat Primary School, Cogenhoe Primary School, Denton Primary School, Grendon CE Primary School, Irchester Community Primary School, Little Houghton CEVA Primary School, Wollaston Primary School, Yardley Hastings Primary School.
- Children who live in Wellingborough and the designated surrounding villages and contributory parishes for Wellingborough: Earls Barton, Ecton, Finedon Sidings (Furnace Lane), Great Doddington, Great Harrowden, Hardwick, Little Harrowden, Little Irchester, Mears Ashby, Orlingbury, Wilby.
- Other children.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured on a straight-line basis using the NCC’s Geographical Information system. In the event that two applications cannot otherwise be separated, random allocation will be used to decide who the place should be offered to.