Kingsthorpe College, Boughton Green Road, Northampton NN2 7HR
The college will allocate places to students with an EHCP where the college, after consultation with the Local Authority, has been named on the EHCP as appropriate provision. Where the college is oversubscribed places will be allocated using the following criteria:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care (previously looked after children).
- Children of staff at Kingsthorpe College where any of the following conditions are met:
Up to 24 students with a demonstrated particular aptitude in the visual or performing arts (art, dance, drama or music). Students will be selected through workshops. All applicants will be scored across a range of skills within their area of aptitude. If you wish your child to be considered for a place under the criterion aptitude for visual or performing arts, please complete an ‘Aptitude Admissions’ form and return it to Kingsthorpe College. Aptitude Admissions forms are available on the College’s website. The aptitude workshops will take place in October, please check the college website or call for confirmation of the workshop dates.Students who live in the postcode areas NN2 8, NN2 7, NN3 6.Students who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Kingsthorpe College at the time of admission of the younger child.Other students.
- The member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the academy is made.
- The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
Should there be an oversubscription in any category places will be awarded to those students who live nearest to the school. Distances are measured from the address point of the home address to the main entrance of the school building on a straight line basis using MapInfo Professional, a geographical information system. The measurement is taken in miles to 4 decimal places.
If a student lives with separated parents for different parts of the week, the college will treat their home address as the place the student sleeps for most of the school week. If the student spends equal amounts of time at the two addresses, the parents must agree which address they wish to be the student’s main address. If 2 students live exactly the same distance away from the college random allocation will be used as an additional tiebreak to decide who has the highest priority for admission.
Definition of a sibling
- a brother or sister living at the same address, who shares the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share one common parent
- a step brother or step sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted or fostered children living in the same household