If parents or carers would like their child to be considered under the Visual Arts Aptitude criterion, a portfolio must be submitted to the school by 5pm on Monday 15 October 2021. See below and on the School website for more information about the Arts Aptitude.
Places will first be allocated to children who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as offering appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship order
- Pupils who live in the linked area associated with the school: Appletree, Aston-le-Walls, Chacombe, Chipping Warden, Culworth, Edgcote, Farthinghoe, Greatworth, Kings Sutton, Lower Boddington, Marston St Lawrence, Middleton Cheney, Moreton Pinkney, Overthorpe, Plumpton, Stuchbury, Sulgrave, Thenford, Thorpe Mandeville, Upper Boddington, Warkworth, Weedon Lois, Weston and Wappenham.
- Pupils who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Chenderit School who is expected to remain on roll at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Pupils attending the designated contributory Primary Schools and continuing in attendance until the final offer of places is made: Boddington CE Primary Academy, Chacombe CEVA Primary Academy, Chipping Warden Primary Academy, Culworth CE Primary Academy, Farthinghoe Primary School, Greatworth Primary School, Kings Sutton Primary Academy, Middleton Cheney Primary Academy, St Loys CE Primary Academy, St Mary’s Catholic Primary (Aston-le-Walls).
- Pupils selected for their aptitude in the visual arts. A maximum of 10% will be selected through the presentation of a portfolio and assessments as to aptitude. If you are applying for one of the aptitude places you will need to submit a portfolio to the school by the closing date for consideration, which is 5.00pm on 15 October 2021. Please contact the school directly for details of what to include in your portfolio – details are also available on the school website.
- Children of a member of staff who has been directly employed by Chenderit School for a period of not less than 2 calendar years at the time of the child’s application and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage leading to the child’s admission in the following academic year.
- Other pupils
Allocation to publish admission number
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 5, priority will be given according to the aptitude scores. If the admission number is reached within any other criteria, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
Distances are measured on a straight line basis from the address point of the child’s home address to the address point of the school using NCC’s Geographical Information System.
If two or more applications cannot otherwise be separated and there is only one place available, a random allocation process will be used to determine who should be allocated the place.
A sibling is defined as a child’s brother or sister. A sibling must be living at the same permanent address and as part of the same family unit (one or two parents plus children) to qualify under this criterion. For School Admissions purposes, the term sibling includes:
- half-brothers and half-sisters
- step-brothers and step-sisters
- adopted children
- children in foster care
- children living in the same family unit, even if they are not biological brothers and sisters – for example when the parents are not married/in a civil relationship.
Cousins are not regarded as siblings.
Home address (child’s)
The child’s home address is defined as the address at which the child normally resides with their parent/carer at the time of application. If a child lives with parents who are separated, the home address will be treated as the place where the child sleeps for most of the school week (i.e. Sunday night to Thursday night inclusive).
If the child spends equal amounts of time at two addresses, the parents must agree which address they wish to be the child’s main address before we can process the application.
Documentary evidence of ownership or rental agreement may be required together with proof of actual permanent residence at the property concerned.