Pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan which names Manor School Sports College as appropriate provision will be allocated a place.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children residing in the priority admission area
- Children attending linked feeder primary schools within the priority admission area
- Children attending our trust primary schools.
- Children who have a sibling link
- Children of staff where that member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrative skill shortage in the area.
- Other children who live outside the designated priority admission area.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those children who live closest to Manor School Sports College. Distances are measured from the address point of a child’s home to the address point of Manor School Sports College on a straight-line basis using a geographical information system. In the case where multiple applications for the same shared dwelling (e.g. Flats) occurs; a randomiser will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils within the shared dwelling are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
Priority Admission Area
This means the town of Raunds and the following villages: Stanwick, Ringstead, Hargrave, Chelveston.
Linked Feeder Primary Schools
These are: Windmill Primary School, St Peter’s Church of England Academy, Ringstead Church of England Primary School, Stanwick Primary School.
Trust Primary Schools
These are: Newton Road School, Woodford C of E Primary School.
Children who have a sibling link where one of the conditions in each of A and B are satisfied:
- A brother or sister living at the same address who shares the same parents
- A half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share a common parent.
- A step-brother or step-sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- Adopted or fostered children living in the same household
Condition B: For the sibling link to apply, one of the siblings must be registered student at Manor School Sports College at the time of application and is expected to remain on roll at the point of admission.
This is the address your child is living at on the closing date for applications which is the permanent residence of the child. This address must be your child’s only or main residence, which is either owned by a child’s parent, carer or guardian or leased to or rented by a child’s parent, carer or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives. Written proof of ownership or a rental agreement and proof of actual permanent residence at the property may be required.
Multiple births and twins
Applicants with twins or multiple births do not have to be allocated their first preference school but do, where possible, have an entitlement for their children to be kept together if they so wish. However, this may not be at their first preference school and may even be at a different school altogether. Please indicate that your child is a twin etc. on your common application form to ensure that we are aware. The school would not automatically allocate two places for twins if this means the published admission number (PAN) will be exceeded.