Mountbatten Way, Raunds, Wellingborough, Northants NN9 6PA
Oversubscription admission criteria
Pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan which names Manor School Sports College as appropriate provision will be allocated a place in the Normal Admissions Round. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children residing in the priority admission area
- Children attending linked feeder primary schools within the priority admission area
- Children attending our trust primary schools.
- Children who have a sibling link
- Children of staff where that member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrative skill shortage in the area.
- Other children who live outside the designated priority admission area.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those children who live closest to Manor School Sports College. If the admission number is exceeded by two children on the distance tiebreak, priority will be given to the child who lives furthest from the nearest alternative school.
An alternative school is one at which a place could have been allocated as an alternative to Manor School Sports College. The nearest alternative school does not have to be one of the stated preferences and may be different for each child depending on where they live. Applications are measured to the nearest alternative school regardless of whether or not there are places remaining at that alternative school to ensure consistency in the allocation process.
As an admission authority, Nene Education Trust's policy is to follow the criteria set out by NCC with regard to distance measurement. Unless otherwise stated, distances are measured from the Address Point of a child’s home address to the address point of Manor School Sports College on a straight-line basis, using a geographical information system. Each address has a unique address point established by the National Land and Property Gazetteer (NPLG), Ordnance Survey Master Map, Royal Mail Postal Address File and The Valuation Office Agency. The Address Point for a property does not change. In the case where multiple applications for the same shared dwelling (e.g. Flats) occurs; a randomiser will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils within the shared dwelling are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
Priority Admission Area
This means the town of Raunds and the following villages: Stanwick, Ringstead, Hargrave, Chelveston.
Linked Feeder Primary Schools
These are: Windmill Primary School, St Peter’s Church of England Academy, Ringstead Church of England Primary School, Stanwick Primary School.
Trust Primary Schools
These are: Newton Road School, Woodford C of E Primary School.
The term sibling includes:
- A brother or sister living at the same address who shares the same parents.
- A half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share a common parent.
- A step-brother or step-sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage.
- Adopted or fostered children living in the same household.
For the sibling link to apply, one of the siblings must be registered student at Manor School Sports College at the time of application and is expected to remain on roll at the point of admission.
This is the address your child is living at on the closing date for applications which is the permanent residence of the child. This address must be your child’s only or main residence, which is either owned by a child’s parent, carer or guardian or leased to or rented by a child’s parent, carer or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives. Written proof of ownership or a rental agreement and proof of actual permanent residence at the property may be required.
Home Address does not include:
- an intended future address, unless house moves have been confirmed through the exchange of contracts with a set completion date, or the signing of a formal lease agreement. An intended future address will not be counted as a Home Address after the closing date for applications.
- the address of any second home – checks will be made on which address is your main home.
- any address to which only part of a family moves, unless this was as a result of a divorce or permanent separation arrangement. Proof will be required of such an arrangement.
- an address used for childcare arrangements.
Multiple births and twins
Applicants with twins or multiple births do not have to be allocated their first preference school but do, where possible, have an entitlement for their children to be kept together if they so wish. However, this may not be at their first preference school and may even be at a different school altogether. Please indicate that your child is a twin etc. on your common application form to ensure that we are aware. The school would not automatically allocate two places for twins if this means the published admission number (PAN) will be exceeded.