Disability support

If you are a disabled child or young person you have the same rights as a non-disabled child or young person to participate in decisions and issues that affect you.

What support is there for you locally?

  • The Local Offer is a database of services available in Northamptonshire for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities.
  • The children and families service finder has details of support groups, activities, education and more.
  • The Preparing for Adulthood site links to specialist support and advice for young people with disabilities making the transition to adulthood.
  • Blue Badge - if you drive, you may be able to apply for a blue badge parking permit.

What support is there for you nationally?

  • The Disabled Go guide is for everyone with disabilities and lists lots of places to go and things to do in the county.
  • Scope provides information and support for young disabled people aged 10 to 18.
  • Action for Children is one of the largest providers of services for children and young people with disabilities.
  • GOV.UK has information on all your legal rights, including benefits and financial support, equipment and transport and working rules.
  • GOV.UK also has help and support to help you find and stay in work.
  • The Preparing for Adulthood website can provide useful information such as Access to Work guidance for young people, in an Easy read format, and guidance for employers.