Compliments, comments and complaints

We are working hard to continue our normal service during this time and apologise for any disruption or difficulties in contacting the team whilst we put measures in place to allow this to happen.

Wherever possible please contact us by email or online form using the details below.

In the likelihood that our published timescales for dealing with your feedback are affected, we will make sure that we communicate this to you and keep you updated.

Please tell us if you are happy with the service you have received; or if not, why not? We want to know what you think. We want to use your views and suggestions and learn from your experiences as our customer, so we can improve and develop our services.

If you would like to make a compliment, comment or complaint about one of our service areas or to the council, please complete our online form:

Make a compliment, comment or complaint

If you're a child or young person make a compliment, comment or complaint about children's social services.

See more information about how you can give your feedback as a child or young person.

Telephone us

  • 0300 126 1000

Write to us

The Complaints and Compliments Team
One Angel Square
Angel Street

Email us

What happens next?

We will:

  • acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it
  • tell you who will be dealing with your complaint and how long it may take us to look into the situation
  • keep you informed of how things are going and if things are likely to take longer than we agreed we will discuss this with you
  • give you an opportunity to talk it through after we have responded if you are still not happy, and we will agree the best way forward

Who else can I contact?

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO)

In line with government guidance, the LGSCO is not currently accepting new complaints. They will accept complaints again when the situation improves and government guidance changes. You can find the most up-to-date information on the LGSCO website or by listening to the recorded message on 0300 061 0614.

Your county councillor

If you have contacted us and we still haven't resolved your complaint, you can contact your local county councillor.

If you wish to complain about a councillor's conduct, please see part 5 of our constitution before you contact us:

The council's arrangements for dealing with complaints about councillors are available here:

Policies and procedures