Anti-social behaviour

Most criminal be​haviour can be deemed as anti-social. However, non-criminal anti-social behaviour can have long-term negative effects on individuals and communities, which often link into criminal behaviour. 

Report anti-social behaviour


If you have witnessed anti-social behaviour and it is an emergency please call 999.

If you have witnessed anti-social behaviour and it is not an emergency, you can do one of the following:

What does anti-social behaviour include?

​Anti-social behaviour may include the following:

  • Use of foul and abusive language
  • Exces​sive residential noise
  • Street drinking​
  • Rowdy behaviour
  • Improper use of vehicles
  • Inappropriate use of space for leisure and play
  • Threatening and intimidating behaviour
  • Graffiti
  • Littering
  • Fly-tipping
  • Allowing dog fouling
  • Harassment​

​Wha​t can you do about anti-social behaviour?

​If you have witnessed anti-social behaviour, you can do the following:​​​​

  • Speak to those responsib​le for the nuisance if you feel calm and confident to do so
  • Keep a record of all acts of anti-social behaviour, including times, dates, who is committing it if known and details of the activity

North and West Northamptonshire councils

North and West Northamptonshire councils will deal with:

  • ​excessive noise, including noisy neighbours (where you live in local authority or rented accommodation)
  • litter and rubbish
  • uncontrolled pets

If you would like to report any of the above, you can do this by con​tacting your local council​:

A number of changes were made in October 2014 around the powers and tools available for professionals to tackle anti-social behaviour under the new Anti-social Behaviour, Crime & Policing Act (2014). ​​