Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
See more information about when to call 111 and advice about staying at home:
NHS advice - Coronavirus