The Health and Wellbeing Board enables key leaders from across the Northamptonshire health and care system to jointly work to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of the people in their area,
- reduce health inequalities; and
- promote the integration of services
The statutory duties of the Health and Wellbeing Board are:
- to produce the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- to produce the Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- to produce a countywide Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment
- to oversee publication of the Director of Public Health Annual Report
- to foster integration of services
- to oversee the successful implementation of Better Care Fund arrangements locally
Health and wellbeing board members collaborate to understand their local community's needs, agree priorities and encourage commissioners to work in a more joined-up way. As a result, patients and the public should experience more joined-up services.
The aim of the Northamptonshire Health and Wellbeing Board is to secure better health and wellbeing outcomes in the region, better quality of care for all their patients and care users, and better value for the taxpayer. In doing so, it brings together the NHS, local councils, the Police and other services.
The Board also aims to increase democratic legitimacy in health and provide a key forum for public accountability of the NHS, public health, social care for adults and children and other commissioned services that the Board agrees are directly related to health and wellbeing.Contact the Board