Be part of Northamptonshire's Improvement Journey - Our New Children's Trust
Over the last few months children's services in Northamptonshire have been transforming; not only do we continue to improve the services we offer our children, young people and families but we have also made improvements to the working environment for our staff:
- We are committed to achieving stable teams of at least 85% permanent staff
- We are reducing caseloads to a manageable level
- We now have consultant practitioner roles so that our staff feel better supported with complex cases
- We are working closely with partners in practice to embed a robust culture of social work knowledge, skills and behaviours to improve outcomes for our children
- In early 2020 we will be launching our new career progression pathway based on competence, experience and performance
Many of our teams are already working with reduced caseloads and with 85% permanent staff.
In addition we are working closely with our Commissioners, the Department for Education and our new leadership team to establish Northamptonshire's new Children's Trust which will be launching in summer 2020.
The Trust will aspire to deliver outstanding social care services for children and young people in Northamptonshire and create an environment that enables and supports staff to be innovative and creative. The Trust will be a centre of social work excellence where outcomes for improving the lives of vulnerable children and young people are achieved.
We are now seeking qualified social workers, consultant practitioners and team managers to join us across our services as we enter this exciting phase. We encourage ambitious professionals to bring their good practice to Northamptonshire and join our Trust.
Children's services are transforming. We encourage ambitious, experienced professionals to bring their good practice to Northamptonshire and join our Trust. To find out more about working with us please see ourcandidate information pack (PDF 1.2MB).