Computers in libraries
Northamptonshire libraries have computers with broadband internet access available for you to use.
On every Friday in every library, computers are free to use for all. Standard printing charges still apply.
|Full charged service |
£1 for up to 20 minutes (Saturday to Thursday), free on Fridays
- Up to date web browser
- Full access to the Internet including: typing web addresses; using search engines; using email accounts
- Full access to Microsoft Office 2016 applications
|Online reference||Free every day|
- Free access to websites listed in the online reference section (except for email, search engine and social media websites
- Where websites listed in the online reference section provide links to other websites, customers will also be able to access these websites for free
Printing and photocopying
Printing from the library computers is available in all libraries. Photocopying is also available.
|A4 black and white printouts ||20p per sheet|
|A4 colour printouts||70p per sheet |
|A3 black and white printouts ||30p per sheet|
|A3 colour printouts||£1 per sheet|
You can now print your documents to any of our 36 libraries from home, from work or while you are on the go using your own device. For information on how to use the service and terms and conditions please go to
the public printing webpage.
Do I have to book a computer?
- We advise you to pre-book a computer whenever possible.
- Library members can book a computer up to 7 days in advance using the 'Book a Computer' icon on any library computer desktop.
Wi-Fi access in libraries
All of our libraries offer Wi-Fi access.
Find your nearest library.
At Moulton and Woodford Halse libraries Wi-Fi access is provided by our partners and not by the library service. The Wi-Fi service is available for anyone to use, whether or not they are library members. Customers can access the Wi-Fi themselves using their own devices, such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Hublet tablets are a new way of accessing digital resources in libraries. Use them to read e-books or e-audiobooks and browse e-newspapers or e-magazines.
For more information, including a list of libraries where they are currently available and term and conditions, please go the hublet tablets page.
Improve your IT skills with our IT Buddy volunteers
Some of our libraries have IT Buddy volunteers who can help you learn how to use a computer and the internet. Visit the
events calendar to find out if this service is available at your local library.