This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on using a Hublet (“the device”) via the Library wireless internet access ("the Service") which is provided free of charge to you, a library borrower of Northamptonshire Libraries and Information Service ("us").
By using the device via the service you agree that you are 18 years of age and over, hold a library borrower account with Northamptonshire Libraries, and have read and accepted these terms and conditions before using the device via the service. If you do not accept these terms and conditions please do not use the device and return the device to the docking station.
Before you use the service
When using the device for the first time, you will need to show library staff one form of proof of address ID together with your library card. These details will be checked against the Library Management System borrower account Northamptonshire Libraries hold for you. Suitable proof of address includes:
- bank Statement (within the last 3 months)
- benefit Book
- Benefits Agency Letter (from current year)
- building society statement (within the last 3 months)
- council rent card
- council tax bill (from current year)
- council tenancy Agreement
- credit union statement (within the last 3 months)
- Electoral Register letter
- GP registration letter
- HMRC self assessment letter (from current year)
- HMRC tax demand (from current year)
- housing association rent card
- mortgage statement (from current year)
- NHS Medical Card
- solicitor’s letter
- UK driving licence
- utility bill (within the last 3 months)
Proof of ID is required so that if the device is not returned at the end of the loan period we can identify who the last borrower was. This will then be classified as theft and Northamptonshire Libraries will report this to the Police. Any financial cost incurred by Northamptonshire Libraries and Information Service in the recovery, repair or replacement of the device will be charged for against the last known borrower.
If you notice any damage please alert staff at the start of your loan period.
Extent of the service
- You will not be able to use the device once it leaves the pre-configured network (the service), as the device will cease to function until it is returned to the network or docking station.
- Northamptonshire Libraries are not responsible for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
- Northamptonshire Libraries are not responsible for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the service or via the device.
- Northamptonshire Libraries do not examine the nature of the information you send or receive.
- Northamptonshire Libraries do not guarantee:
- the availability of the service or the device
- the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the service
- While Northamptonshire Libraries takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of the service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the service, it does not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the service or located on any equipment utilising the service. By using the service you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your own information and have adequate protection to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- Only pre-installed apps, websites, files and web links will be accessible to be used on the device. These pre-installed apps, web links, files and websites have been selected as they provide greater access to services provided by Northamptonshire Libraries or our partners on a digital platform to our library borrowers.
- Northamptonshire Libraries reserves the right at all times to withdraw the service, change the specifications or manner of use of the service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
Your use of the service
- You must not use the Service to access internet services that have not been originally set up to be accessed via the device, or send or receive emails, which:
- are defamatory, threatening, intimidating or which could be classed as harassment
- contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material
- Northamptonshire Libraries does not have a TV licence. You will need to have a valid TV licence to watch or record live TV online and on-demand programmes from BBC iPlayer on our premises. This includes apps that allow you to watch or record live TV.
- Access may be disabled, removed or reduced without prior notification to users.
- Hublet Ltd have confirmed that they are GDPR compliant and that there are processes in place to ensure on-going compliance through regular audit and procedural checks.
- Hublet Ltd have confirmed that their organisation is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Hublet Ltd have confirmed that any personal or sensitive data held on behalf of Northamptonshire County Council is held in compliance with GDPR regulations, held securely and used only in relation to the agreement in place to provide services to the council.
- Any data held will be destroyed securely in line with the required retention arrangement under GDPR.