Full library membership
Full library membership is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Northamptonshire.
To join, please visit your most convenient library.
Find your nearest library
- If you are over 18, you will not be required to bring proof of identification
- If you are under 18, you must have a parent or guardian present
Full library members can:
- borrow 20 items for 3 weeks from all Northamptonshire libraries (Maximum of 3 DVDs loaned for 1 week)
- reserve items using the Library Catalogue and online resources
- download for free: e-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, e-newspapers and music downloads
- free access to premium online subscription websites such as encyclopaedias and newspaper archives
Virtual library membership
If you wish to access e-books, e-audiobooks, e-newspapers and e-magazines, and also every resource in our online reference section, without becoming a full library member, you can become a Virtual library member.
To become a Virtual library member, you must:
- live, work or study in Northamptonshire
- have a personal email address
How to apply
Sign up for Virtual library membership
Once we have processed your form, your membership number will then be emailed to you.