The Council currently has responsibility for ensuring the following parking regulations are observed:
- Bus stops - no waiting at any time.
- Disabled bays - a valid Disabled Blue Badge must be displayed with parking clocks (if time limited).
- Double yellow lines – no waiting at any time.
- Limited waiting bays - for permitted period stated.
- Loading bays - for loading/unloading only during specified time.
- Motorcycle bays - for motorcycles only.
- Pay and display areas - a valid pay and display ticket must be purchased and visible.
- Police bays - marked police or unmarked vehicles displaying the relevant police logbook.
- Permit holder bays - a valid permit must be displayed.
- Single yellow lines - no waiting during prescribed hours indicated on the sign or on entry signs to controlled parking zones.
- Taxi bays - bays designated for taxis only.
- Zig-zags - on restricted pedestrian crossings.
- Vehicle Drive Aways (VDAs) - a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) can still be issued to a vehicle parked in contravention if the motorist has driven away before the Civil Enforcement Officer has affixed the notice to the vehicle. The PCN will be posted to the registered keeper.
- Prevented from Issue - if a Civil Enforcement Officer is prevented from issuing a PCN to a vehicle because of aggressive behaviour, both verbally and physically, the PCN will be posted to the registered keeper.
If you are unsure of the parking regulations, you can find further information on the Highway Code website.