Corby HWRC is closed until further notice. We will update the website when it has been re-opened.
HWRCs are open on their normal opening days from 10:00 to 18:00. All sites are extremely busy. Please do not arrive before 10:00.
Latest update Friday 22 May 13:50
Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) are open, subject to the following rules enforced due to coronavirus restrictions. Please consider if your visit is necessary at this very busy time.
Who is able to visit HWRCs and why?
should not visit HWRCs under any circumstances if any of the following applies:
- you are in self-isolation
- you have COVID-19 symptoms
- you live with someone who has symptoms
It is not advisable for a member of the public who is considered to be "vulnerable" to COVID-19 to use HWRC services because of the risk of increased exposure to the virus.
Pedestrian access is not permitted at any site.
When will HWRCs be open?
Recycling centres are open during their normal operational hours. Please consider if your visit is necessary at this very busy time. We expect sites to be quieter in a few weeks.
Do not arrive before 10am. Vehicles queuing in advance of the sites opening may obstruct approach roads. Police are monitoring the queues, and you may be asked to return to the site at a different time.
Some sites may have to close at short notice due to operational issues such as staff shortages or queues blocking neighbouring roads.
What will I need to know before I travel to a HWRC?
- We currently have a high demand for the HWRC services and all sites are experiencing long queues. Please consider if your visit is necessary during this busy time.
- If any households have had COVID-19 symptoms then the waste should be left for 72 hours before being brought to site and the waste should be double-bagged
- Avoid bringing excessive amounts and remember to pre-sort your waste before travelling, so we can get people in and out as quickly as possible to help reduce queue times.
- No medical waste should be brought to the HWRC for disposal
- You should bring a document (e.g. a bill) that displays your name and address which must be shown to site staff if requested
Do not arrive before the site(s) open at 10am. Please do not queue before the site(s) are open to enable staff to get to the site and avoid obstructing the approach roads. Early queuing may cause further delays by preventing recycling centre staff from getting to work, as well as the movement of large waste vehicles on and off site.
Police will be patrolling approach roads and vehicles may be asked to move on if they are causing an obstruction.
Unacceptable or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances and the site staff reserve the right to ask to leave the HWRC without depositing your waste.
Will there be any restrictions?
- The number of vehicles on-site will be restricted and vehicles will be allowed access on a
one in, one out basis
- Only one person should leave a vehicle to deposit waste
- Traffic management will be in place at all sites and due to safety concerns queueing outside of the site will be restricted, residents may be asked to leave and return at a later time
HWRC e-permits system will remain in force, which will restrict access for commercial type vehicles
There may be temporary closures throughout the operating day to disperse excess queuing traffic. We will keep this website and social media updated.
How will social distancing be enforced?
Social distancing will be strictly enforced on-site, which means:
- You must follow the instructions from site staff regarding the one-way systems for pedestrians that are in place
- Unfortunately, no assistance for unloading can be provided
Stay safe by wearing protective gloves, appropriate footwear and clothing. Only bring what you can safely handle as staff will not be able to help you carry your waste as they normally would.