Household Waste Recycling Centres are now open. Find out who can visit and what you need to know before you make your trip.
When using our Trade service, please consider visiting later in the day if possible. Our HWRCs are seeing a high demand and processing the trade service at peak times may take longer.
Duty of care for traders
Please be aware of the following information:
- A valid Waste Carrier’s Licence or Waste Carrier exemption (if applicable) is a legal requirement to carry waste. You will be asked to produce this document by a member of staff. Licences are available from the
Environment Agency. You may be refused service if you are unable to produce the appropriate documents.
- There is a vehicle weight limit of 3.5 tonnes at all sites. Larger vehicles cannot be accommodated.
- The site supervisor has discretion over the quantities that can be disposed of.
How to use the service
- Please pre-sort your waste before arriving at the site.
- Your vehicle containing the waste will be weighed using the on-site weighbridge upon your arrival.
- On departure your emptied vehicle will be weighed again.
- You will be charged according to the weight and type of material
- Payment must be by chip and pin credit or debit card. Cash is
Trade waste fees
Favourable rates are charged for recyclable and compostable materials.
Click on the trade recycling pricing structure below for a full list of trade waste fees.
|Hardcore and rubble||£7.00||£14.00||£20.00||£21.00||£24.00||£36.00||£18.00|
|Wood and timber||£11.00||£16.00||£26.00||£42.00||£58.00||£91.00||£46.00|
|Mixed paper and card||£5.00||£10.00||£14.00||£15.00||£27.00||£31.00||£16.00|
The following materials are all charged at £5 per load:
- Plastic bottles
- Mixed glass, bottles and jars
- Food tins and drink cans
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Scrap metal
This service is monitored with automatic number-plate recognition software (ANPR) and CCTV.
What is accepted as trade waste?
Some items cannot be disposed of under the trade waste service. Other commercial waste management companies should be used for these items.
|Garden waste (grass, cuttings, plants, etc.)|
Inert waste, e.g. soil and rubble
Paper and cardboard (no secure facilities for confidential waste)
Plasterboard and plaster (see
Timber and wood (including chipboard and MDF)
Hazardous waste (chemical, radioactive, etc.)
Motor vehicles and tyres
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
For further information
Please contact Amey on 01604 235751.