The leader of the North Northamptonshire Shadow Authority has today announced the councillors who will have a portfolio role in the unitary preparations for the new council in the north.
Russell Roberts, North Northamptonshire Shadow Authority Leader, said: “This is a key step in creating a new council of which we can all be proud.
“The portfolio leads collectively make up the North Northamptonshire Shadow Executive, the main decision-making body for creating the new north council, so these councillors will immerse themselves in the priority service areas that will make up the new council. This is their chance to gain all of the knowledge and understanding of how best to deliver these services to our residents, businesses and communities.”
The portfolio lead members are as follows:
- Adults, Health and wellbeing and Communities – Cllr Martin Griffiths
- Children, Families and Education – Cllr Wendy Brackenbury
- Planning, Strategic Planning, Regulatory and enforcement services – Cllr Steven North
- Finances and Revenues and benefits – Cllr Ian Jelley
- Corporate – Cllr Tom Beattie
- Highways, Transport, Environment and Climate – Cllr Jason Smithers
- Growth, Infrastructure, Regeneration, Skills and Employment – Cllr David Jenney
- Property, Assets and Housing – Cllr Russell Roberts
- Sports, Leisure, Culture and Tourism – Cllr Tom Partridge-Underwood
- Customer services, Digital and Transformation – Cllr Jean Addison
More information on each portfolio and lead member can be found on the Future Northants website.